We start the tour at our community centre where we introduce ourselves ourselvesHello/Bonjour/All languages hello and illustrate the relevance of our location. Our guides will take you through a chronologicalInfographic illustrating key moments in history. 1976, 1985, 1990, 1994, 1998, 2002, 2008, today journey, helping better understand the building's history and context.
We will go through the early days of grand opulenceold photographs of Ponte residents or Goldreichs restaurant in Hillbrow tower images, government red-lining and social oppressionPhotograph of student uprising in 1976, Hector Pieterson. We will also detail the stories of urban decay and the building's resilient nature through complex economic timesImage illustrating CBD exodus.
You will enjoy a drink on the 51st floorPicture of view from 5101 of the building to compliment the experience.
- Come with an open mind
- There is secure parking available at Ponte City (our starting point)
- Unfortunately there is no cash accepted on our premises
- Dlala Nje offers no cash refunds. Please refer to cancellation policy.
- Bring some extra cash with you so you can buy stuff from the markets and support our local businesses.
- We encourage you to live in the moment, but if you want to bring camera’s you’re welcome – however no professional photography – and remember to always ask people if they’re happy for you take their photo before snapping away
- Leave prejudices at home.